The Savio Library is a learning area where students and teachers have access to a wide range of resources in different formats in order to meet their teaching and learning needs. The school library houses a collection books including magazines, periodicals, fictions and newspapers. Every child is inspired and encouraged to go the library during library periods as well as in free time. A qualified librarian is appointed to maintain the library.
Rules for the Library
- Strict silence should be observed in the library, reading room and premises.
- Personal belongings or books are not allowed to be taken inside the library or reading room. A note book or a paper may be taken inside the library for the purpose of writing down notes or important points from the reference books.
- Books are issued for duration of one week. They must be returned on the due date. Books for which there is immediate demand will not be reissued.
- If a book is not returned within one week after the due date, it will be considered lost and a fine/penalty will be charged.
- Students are responsible for the books borrowed on their cards. Any damage to the books should be pointed out at the time of borrowing and the signature of the librarian should be obtained. Loss of books or damage to them discovered at the time of return will have to be made good by the student.
- Books are issued and returned only during the working hours of the library.
- Those who fail to abide by the rules will be deprived of the privilege of using books from the library.